[Nfb-krafters-korner] idleness and hearing loss

Jewell Boll jjboll at excel.net
Mon May 17 20:29:09 UTC 2010

Hi Annette,

thank you for your warm welcome to the list.

I just want to tell you to try to enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow.
I was told when I was 30 years old that I would be blind by the age of 40
and then was rudely stripped of my driver's license.  Well, I did not become
blind by the age 40, but continue to have limited vision until I was in my
early 50s.  So, don't let your fears of losing your  hearing deprive you of
enjoying what you can do today. We are fortunate to live in an age of great
medical advances.  they are constantly improving hearing aids.  and then
there is the cochlear implant, which continues to improve and enhance
hearing enjoyment. So, there is always hope.

Are you an avid reader?  Have you received the new digital audio player from
your local regional Library for the Blind?  It is a big improvement over the
old player. And for your knitting, what do you like to knit?

Jewell