[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Class: Macrame--Beaded Belt

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 20:49:00 UTC 2010

Hi all -- I want to add that there are 3 thicknesses of macrame cord sold at
the macramesuperstore.com -- 2mm, 4mm and 6mm.  I recommend a thicker cord
for the first belt and a medium or a thin width on the second belt.  Also,
you are of course free to be creative on what shapes of beads you want on
your belt, with the one exception that round beads are required on the
second belt. The first belt only uses beads at the end points of the belt.
The second belt has beads all the way through.  So you should buy more beads
for the second belt -- perhaps 2 or 3 packages.  Since you are dealing with
a thinner cord on the second belt, I recommend the smallest bead there --
the 12mm with the 4mm hole.
There appears to be a large selection of cord, but not many selections of
beads. The only beads are wooden beads, which I find a bit disappointing,
but it's better than none at all!

There are some awfully cute sounding kits there too.  I don't have time to
fuss with them, but they remind me of my "craftier" days.
(Obviously I just made my cord order.  If you haven't ordered your cord yet,
you should probably do it today. The class is a week from Thursday.)

Happy krafting all!
--le