[Nfb-krafters-korner] festival news

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu May 27 20:30:04 UTC 2010

Thought you might find this interesting.

Festival Network Online Artists & Crafters News May 2010 - Festival
Newsletters - For People in the Festival Industry - Art Fairs, Craft Shows,  Music
Festivals,
Home Shows, and More Events
Email not displaying  correctly?
View it in your browser. |
Unsubscribe here.
_http://festivalnet.com/?fn05111_ (http://festivalnet.com/?fn05111)

May 2010
Hi Joyce Kane!
We hope you are busy booking your summer  shows! This month, artist and
crafter Sarah Terry gives some great advice on how  to proceed when you're NOT
accepted
to a show you were interested in  attending.

Are you listed in the
Festival Biz Directory
? It's a great way to  promote your business, network with and/or find
others on the festival circuit  and it's free!

----

_http://api.tweetmeme.com/share?url=http://festivalnet.com/other/news_letter
s/Artists/05_10/not_accepted_cont.html_
(http://api.tweetmeme.com/share?url=http://festivalnet.com/other/news_letters/Artists/05_10/not_accepted_cont.ht
ml)
What  to do When You're NOT Accepted to a Craft Fair
by Sarah Terry

"We regret to inform you that..."

All crafters hate reading these words in the top of an email from a craft
fair they've been dying to get into. It really sucks, especially when you
are
trying to plan a craft fair schedule or you know it's a cool event and
just really want to be part of it! What usually follows that regrettable
sentence
is a polite decline of your application, and some encouraging words  that
make you want to barf. Since it's that time of year where  acceptance/decline
emails
are going out for some of the spring shows (in  fact, I've already received
a few non- acceptances for spring myself!), I  thought I would share some of
my thoughts on what to do when you get declined  from a craft show.

What to do:
It's natural to feel hurt when you first get the news. I  think it just
comes with the territory of owning a business where you design and  make
everything.
(I mean, it has to be easier when there isn't so much of  yourself invested
in it, right??) Give yourself a little time to fume, but after  that, try
not
to take it personally. My gut reaction when I find out that I  haven't been
accepted is to go into my studio and just work on something-  anything. I
like
to get away from email, twitter, facebook, marketing,  people, everything,
and just do what I love- creating. I actually do some of my  best work during
these times.
Read more

----

Vote on New Member Features

Here's your chance to make suggestions on what new features or improvements
 you would like to see us make to the FNO site. You can
rate  changes
in order of importance to you or make a
suggestion
.  We're looking forward to hearing from you!

----

Earn Money with FNO

Did you know you can make $5 for every new member you refer to FNO? Get
cash or apply it to your next renewal!

Learn about the
FNO Affiliate Program
. Already a paid member? Then  you already have an affiliate number - To
create a flyer with your FNO affiliate  number click
here
!

Featured FNO Artist:

_http://festivalnet.com/fno/members/115136_
(http://festivalnet.com/fno/members/115136)
Metal  Man Fine Art - The Art Of Joey  Santiago
----

_http://orders.artcalendar.com/2010StudioMakeover_
(http://orders.artcalendar.com/2010StudioMakeover)

Art Calendar Studio Makeover Contest

_http://www.craftsreport.com/digital-only.html_
(http://www.craftsreport.com/digital-only.html)

Crafts Report

_http://festnet.craftshows.hop.clickbank.net/_
(http://festnet.craftshows.hop.clickbank.net/)

Craft Show Success Secrets

_http://festivalnet.com/motel6-deal.html_
(http://festivalnet.com/motel6-deal.html)
FNO  Pro members save 10%!

_http://www.1nbcard.com/fno_ (http://www.1nbcard.com/fno)
First  National Processing
_mailto:judith at festivalnet.com?subject=Interested_
(mailto:judith at festivalnet.com?subject=Interested)   in FNO Advertising&body=Please list your name,
company name, web site  address, phone and click Send.

_http://festivalnet.com/festival_resources.html_
(http://festivalnet.com/festival_resources.html)
Looking  for Suppliers? Check
here

----

Visit our
newsletter archive
for more helpful articles

----

Festival Network Online
_http://www.facebook.com/festivalnet_ (http://www.facebook.com/festivalnet)
Promote  Your Page Too

_http://www.twitter.com/_festivalnet_ (http://www.twitter.com/_festivalnet)

_http://www.myspace.com/festivals_ (http://www.myspace.com/festivals)
_http://www.facebook.com/pages/Festival-Network-Online/8457834159_
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Festival-Network-Online/8457834159)
_http://twitter.com/_festivalnet_ (http://twitter.com/_festivalnet)
Connect with FNO!

We're always looking for articles about working in the festival biz: tips,
ideas, techniques, & resources. Send to:
_info at festivalnet.com_ (mailto:info at festivalnet.com)
and put  "FNO Newsletter" in subject line.

Unsubscribe
from this list.

Tell your friends
about FNO

If you need your user name and password, email
_info at festivalnet.com_ (mailto:info at festivalnet.com)
for  assistance. To ensure delivery of this newsletter, please add
_news at festivalnet.com_ (mailto:news at festivalnet.com)
to your  email address book. Thank you!

Copyright (C) 2010 FESTIVAL NETWORK ONLINE All rights  reserved.