[Nfb-krafters-korner] Stash Busters

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 01:30:01 UTC 2010

Eileen,
I agree.  The Red Heart is my least favorite yarn - tends to be very
scratchy.  My friends say I am a "Yarn Snob" because I won't use Red Heart!
My best friend says, "I hate Red Heart yarn, because when Linda was teaching
me to knit, she said she hated Red Heart because it was scratchy   - so now
I hate Red Heart yarn!" (smile)

Actually, Red Heart has come a long way in recent years.  They still have
their "bargan" brand, but they also have a large array of new  yarn that is
both beautiful and soft!  Who knew!

Anyway, the only reason Red Heart is listed is because it is the only
"sparkle" that comes in green.  I prefer Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn'
brand as it is very plush.  Also, there a lot of "sparkle" type yarns out
there, but their look is different - it has to do with how the metallic is
wrapped.  The Red Heart green looks like the HB Sparkle.  The original
pattern was written for Homespun Holiday.  The HB is less expensive, and the
RH is even less.

However, all that said, you only need two different colors.  I have done
every combination, Red on Green, Green on Red, Red on White, White on Red,
Black on White and vice versa, etc.  I have also done the HB Christmas Time
(variegated tree on a white bag. -It turned out beautiful the way the colors
move and look like snow on the pranches .   So, green isn't really
necessary.

You could use the Glamour if you wanted to double strand it with another
worsted weight yarn - just an option to consider.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

How I do run on,
Ninn
The_ninn at tx.rr.com