[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dick, a note

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 18:35:11 UTC 2010

Dick,

Let me say again you are doing a great job.  I want to just make a  note
here to you from me.

When you are out for that walk there is something to think about.  I  am a
guide dog user, but my husband has not learned this as of yet.  My  grown
children have learned and follow through doing it.

When you are walking there is two ways of handling this.  Keep a
conversation going not to distract him, but to let himknow where you are.   The
second suttle way is to have a set of keys in your pocket jingling.  My  husband
will either walk behind me constantly telling me go straight, go  straight
or you are coming to a door, bear to your right their are people  ahead, or
he will totally not say anything to me and then I have to ask him  where he
is.  Both of these ways do not help me at all.

I need the dog to work and the dog to guide me and stop at the door or
curb, to lead me through, around or the clear path when people are there and
she  will go to the right or left if something is blocking and in the way.  If
 she feels there is not a clear pathway then it is her job to find a clear
pathway.  Just a word from who you are traveling with knows you are still
in sink with your walking partner.

My son uses the key thing so I knowthat we are traveling and it does not
bring attention to anyone and we travel very well together.  Of course my
daughter and I chit chat.

Just a thought...

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)