[Nfb-krafters-korner] Keychain People

Gary Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 19:32:17 UTC 2010

Hi Karla,
Oh, you have been blind since birth?  Color matters. Hmmm, I had a dear
friend who never saw. She hated brown. It was because her hair was brown and
dirt was brown and other things unmentionable. Lol  Brown is also the color
of chocolate and is a warm rich color. Of course, this is from memory.  All
colors have their place.  I think relating color to a thing might be a
start. Orange? The color and fruit are a good way to begin matching color to
an object. Do you like the smell and taste of oranges.  An orange is full of
both. The color is bright and full of life.  I guess your son is to young to
be crazy about the Dukes of Hazzard. My Son loves them and their car is
orange.  If you remember the upbeat show it is another way to think of
orange. That good old General Lee.

I am sure there are people with more education on this list, who can give
you better ideas of learning about color but maybe this is a start.

Ask your Son to tell you the color of things in your environment.  Knowing
the color of things might help you have more of an interest in color.

You are a great lady. It won't take long and you will have your own ideas
about color.