[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille Product Market Evaluation, more details

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Fri Nov 12 14:26:49 UTC 2010

This morning I saw another email from the North Carolina grad student
who is taking marketing courses. I think this college group must be
working with an inventor that has a product to market to the blind. I
have forwarded her e-mail (bad English and all) to the NFB Research and
Development Group headed by Curtis Chong. They do a great job of sorting
out the crackpot inventions from the useful, and then helping inventors
with useful products.  Here is an enlighting excerpt from college-girl's
most recent email and from a wise response from Gary Ray, president of
the NFB of North Carolina:

Hello Gary,
I appreciate the references you have provided. We are working on
developing a product using a technology that might be useful the blind
and visually impaired individuals. My team will touch base with the
contacts you have listed in near future.
Many thanks,
Remya