[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sewing (Was Re: Ideas for fast-made gifts)

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sun Nov 21 00:04:47 UTC 2010

Terrence:

Correct, slip stitching something together is different from a slip knot.

Its a crochet technique using a crochet hook & your yarn, I usually start
off by first using a tapestry needle to do a figure 8 type of stitch to join
firmly the bottom edges of what I want to slip stitch together.  Then I
begin by putting hook through 2 pieces of knitted fabric, draw 1 strand of
yarn through the layers of fabric, move along to another unseamed space,
insert hook again, draw a second strand/loop of yarn onto hook then pass the
first/inner loop on the hook over the second/outer loop.  Then just keep
moving along, drawing another strand of yarn through the layers of fabric
and passing the inner loop over the newly created loop on the hook.  I'm not
really good at it because I always hem & haw about just where I should be
inserting my hook.

Maybe some one can explain this more clearly if you need more details since
I didn't do a good job and am not good at working it myself.

Eileen