[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crocheted Coral Reef Reception

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 21 03:37:37 UTC 2010

Hello All,

I just got home from attending the Crocheted Coral Reef Reception for
contributors.  There were about 15 minutes of speeches, and NFB Krafters
Korner was mentioned as one of the many groups who had people who
contributed to the reef.  The highlight of the evening was the many displays
of crocheted coral reef.  The pure size of it is over whelming.  It is
amazing how they assembled the many colors and shapes of the 4000 pieces
that were contributed by 800 people ranging from 3 years old to 101.  My
friend was able to find 2 of my 7 pieces, the triple water bottle and the
vehicle oil filter.

The reef will be on display until Earth Day in April 2011.

I am hoping to have more info for you about the coral reef and its outreach
projects in the coming weeks.  Stay tuned.

Annette