[Nfb-krafters-korner] Educating the public, was: So cool!

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 22 17:28:39 UTC 2010

And I can completely understand what you are saying.  But, you are not in a
wheel chair because you are blind.  You are not hard of hearing because you
are in a wheel chair.  Each of your differing abilities is separate and
distinct from the other.  Granted it may feel like they are all integrated
as you are living with all of these challenges, but one is not blind because
she is in a wheel chair.  One does not need assistance standing because she
is blind.  Each is a separate issue.  And for the medical profession of all
professions to stereotype us as such is in my mind ludicrous!

If the technitian had said to me I understand that you are blind, are there
any adaptations you will need me to make for you?  , will you need some
assistance? I would not be ranting right now.

Now to bring this back to crafting...

Saturday night I went to a dinner for the Conneticut Sheep Breeders
Association.  We discussed some ideas for teh upcoming years Spinning Bees
at the fairs.  They are talking about doing a blindfold spinning bee...
hehahahahaha!  gotta love it!!!  Bring it on!!!
  Another one they were talking about would be a real challenge.  Spinning
with rubber gloves on.  Talk about making this blind woman even blinder!!
I will have to practice that so if they pull that one I will not be stumped.

 Dixie