[Nfb-krafters-korner] Intarsia Class

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Sat Nov 27 21:11:18 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Joyce had asked me how many bags you could get from 1 skein of yarn.  Based
on my mathematic calculations, math not being my strong suit,  the bags
construction is as follows.

Based on my gauge of 10 sts per 12 inches on size 8 needles,

Bag color:  approximately 70 yards

Tree color:  approximately 9 yards

 I Love This Yarn - 251 yards per skein

I figure you can knit 3 bags and 4 trees from one skein of yarn.  Of course,
you will mix two colors.  So from 2 skeins, you should be able to knit 6
bags.

You will need some yarn, I am not sure how much to knit your drawstrings.  I
am thinking that if you crochet your drawstrings, it will take a little less
yarn than if you make an I-cord  But, that is just a guess!

I hope this helps!

Ninn

The_ninn at tx.rr.com