[Nfb-krafters-korner] a time to shop

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 23:01:17 UTC 2010

Blindhands at aol.com wrote:
> I just had to tell you about a present that I received going back a couple
> of years ago  that I received from a very good friend.  Actually, this
> friend is here on the list and you all know her well.
>
> This is the time of year that I believe you can easily find this nifty
> holder for your knitting project.  I know that they sell them in the liquor
> stores and I am sure you can find them else where.
>
> Now let me describe this to you.  It is a round cylinder shape and has  a
> cord handle.  They usually have them quite festive in decorations.   The cord
> handle is attached and you can slide the top up to get inside the
> cylinder.  They use it to put liquor ottles in for a holiday present.   Now you must
> think this through.  It is tall enough to hold a wine bottle  so it is tall
> enough to have a pair of knitting needles standing up.  It is  also great
> and a ball of yarn fits in perfectly.  It is made out of a thick  cardboard
> material and all you do is slide the top down and pull up the cord and  you
> are ready to go any where with everything securely  closed in  tight.  No way
> will things fall out.
>
> I bet the dollar stores might even have them at this time of the  year.
>
> I owe my wonderful present to our story teller, Audrey.
>
> Joyce  Kane
> www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)
> Blindhands at AOL.com

Joyce,
I think I saw one of those just a few minutes ago, actually, at Safeway,
or at least something of a similar purpose.  It was a long, tall "sock"
looking thing, with a flat bottom and a cord drawstring-looking thing.
I figured it was for wine bottles, but you're right that it probably
could be used for knitting/yarn projects too.

Terrence