[Nfb-krafters-korner] Starting a Business in Crafts tranpostations

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 16:55:02 UTC 2010

Greg

Man you are correct about transportation.  That is why I stopped doing  the
craft shows, my friend that was sighted hurt her back and could not go with
 me any more to shows, so I lost my eyes and driver for shows.

I have had 3 job offerings  and the first I could not get  transportation
and it would have been to teach triangle weaving, the other one  was at the
Joann's craft store being a knitting and crochet teacher, I could get
transportation during the day, but not in the evening and of course they wanted
classes in the evening.  I could get public transportation up there, but it
would drop me off at the huge shopping center next to the shopping center
that  Joann's was in.  I would have to walk through 2 large parking lots to
get  there.

Now I am sitting waiting to start a job learning how to cane chairs.   The
only public transportation directly to the area I need to go is by  train.
I have been working with the mobility trainer now and it has come  to his
decision  that he feels it would be safe for me to take the train up  there,
but not the return back train.  He is giving it a 75% rating of  being
successful.  So I am waiting to here the blind agency's other  thoughts on this.

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)