[Nfb-krafters-korner] ornaments

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Mon Oct 4 02:03:52 UTC 2010

 Hi Terry,
   I'm not sure but I think this is Henrietta's recipe for Bread Dough. It was down further on the thread of Tom's email.  You can use this receipe or wait until she reposts the new one she going to dig up in a few days.
  But this one works well, just substitute the white for wheat bread and add a little cinnamon.
   I don't know where you got the Tacky glue idea from--it's not used here---just plain old WHITE GLUE. You know the Elmer School glue in a bottle kind.

> Bread Clay
>
> Here is a clay to make .  You can use cookie cutters or make beads.
>
> 6 slices of day old white bread with crusts cut off
> 3 tablespoons white glue
> 2 tablespoons water
>
> Tear bread into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the glue and water.  kneed the dough to make a pie crust texture.  You can add a bit of food coloring to the water or paint designs after drying.
> This dough can be cut into shapes with cookie cutters and placed on screen or drying rack until dry.  If using the items as jewerly or hanging decorations, poke a hole before drying.
   Audrey Wellner, Secretary
   NFB Krafters Korner division