[Nfb-krafters-korner] Transportation was: Starting a Business

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 4 02:03:21 UTC 2010

I changed the subject line to make sure that these messages come up when
someone does a search in the archives.

Have any of you considered hiring a college student as a driver? Or a
helper?

For Joyce's situation of teaching classes at Joanne's, they could drive to
and from, help unload if necessary, and then while the class is going on
they would be free to work on homework. Typically, classes are one to two
hours so in most cases it would not be practical for them to leave and come
back, however, they could be free to leave and catch a meal. You could hire
based on your driving time only so that you would only be responsible for
paying for the driving time and then it would be up to them what they could
do during the non-working time frame.

For Lynda, maybe you would be able to hire a college student by promoting
the fact that there would be down time where they could do homework.

College students would probably be willing to work for cheaper (not
necessarily cheap) rates because they would be working AND doing homework.

I know we all have our own budget but I wanted to put this out there as
something that might be a little more affordable. Of course, there are some
flaky college students, but honestly, I have had better luck with them than
adults/non-students.

Cindy S.

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/riverwo
man%40zoominternet.net