[Nfb-krafters-korner] drivers - transportation

Gary Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 21:03:31 UTC 2010

Oh, absolutely DO Not, I mean it, DO NOT put an add in the paper. There is
no where you need to go that is so important that you need to go with a
total stranger.

We have had to hire people to work in our café.  We tried the Michigan Works
site here. We got applications from all kind of people.  We need to explore
other ways.

Checking at a church, the neighborhood school, or civicorganization might be
a start.

If you go to the college jobs office, talk to the co-ordinater and let them
know what you need in a helper and why.  Ask them if they might hand pick a
student to help.

You might check with your Commission for the Blind but I know that the Blind
folks working at our office also face the driver issues and have been burned
more then once.
I think we need to get ourselves out in the community so that we can meet
people that might help or that might have children or parents that need a
little extra cash.  I know, that isn't easy. But maybe it is the first step

towards the goal of independence.