[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT Listening to Music

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 14:39:06 UTC 2010

I don't know about you, butt I do enjoy listening to music and working on
my crafts.  I love to listen to "my music" and not just the radio with all
the advertisements and occasionally really enjoy one song now and then that
I  love.

Well I just found something and I had to share this with you.  I love  it!

Pandora.com

The best thing is you pick an music artitst and it will build music of
different artists that is similar and play music for several hours [not sure of
 how long]before it adds commercials in between the songs.  Now that I am
listening to it while writing this email I am wrong here.  It popped in an
advertisement after maybe 20 minutes.  When I first started listening the
first time it went a couple of hours.  Maybe the more you listen to it it
changes the advertisement timing.

The best part it is FREE.  They do have a option of paying $10 for a  one
year and I believe then it is no advertisements.

Here is what it says on the website.

When  was the last time you fell in love with a new artist or song?
At  Pandora, we have a single mission: To play only music you'll love.
To  understand just how we do this, and why we think we do it really,
really well,  you need to know about the _Music Genome Project_
(http://www.pandora.com/corporate/mgp) ®.
Since  we started back in 2000, we have been hard at work on the Music
Genome Project.  It's the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken.
Together our team  of fifty musician-analysts has been listening to music,
one song at a time,  studying and collecting literally hundreds of musical
details on every song. It  takes 20-30 minutes per song to capture all of the
little details that give each  recording its magical sound - melody,
harmony, instrumentation, rhythm, vocals,  lyrics ... and more - close to 400
attributes! We continue this work every day  to keep up with the incredible flow
of great new music coming from studios,  stadiums and garages around the
country.
With  Pandora you can explore this vast trove of music to your heart's
content. Just  drop the name of one of your favorite songs or artists into
Pandora and let the  Genome Project go. It will quickly scan its entire world of
analyzed music,  almost a century of popular recordings - new and old, well
known and completely  obscure - to find songs with interesting musical
similarities to your choice.  Then sit back and enjoy as it creates a listening
experience full of current and  soon-to-be favorite songs for you.
You  can create up to 100 unique "stations." And you can even refine them.
If it's  not quite right you can tell it so and it will get better for you.

The  Music Genome Project was founded by musicians and music-lovers. We
believe in  the value of music and have a profound respect for those who create
it. We like  all kinds of music, from the most obtuse bebop, to the most
tripped-out drum n  bass, to the simplest catchy pop tune. Our mission is to
help you connect with  the music YOU like.
We  hope you enjoy the experience!

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)