[Nfb-krafters-korner] Looking for help

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 22:30:25 UTC 2010

OK, let me see if I can give a little Twitter primer here.  '-)  I
know at least one other among us is on Twitter; we have one follower
already that I don't recognize as anyone I've seen often on the list;
perhaps a new person?  Anyway, if you go to
www.twitter.com/krafterskorner, it will show you all our updates (I've
put 2 up there so far, one for a general welcome and one with our
website.  For more up-to-the-minute interaction, I recommend getting a
Twitter account and then getting the Qwitter client program, from
www.qwitter-client.net.  If you had your own Twitter profile, then you
could also follow other members of the group who are on Twitter
individually; also, you would only need to log into Qwitter or
whatever method you used to access Twitter, and any tweeter you
"follow" will show up in your Twitter automatically.  So you wouldn't
have to always be going to individual Twitter pages.
If you want to talk to Krafter's Korner, you can type a message like,
" @krafterskorner The such-and-such class has been moved from Tuesdays
to Fridays."  Now, that won't show up in krafterskorner's timeline,
but I can easily do something like: rt @blindhands @krafterskorner The
such-and-such class has been moved from Tuesdays to Fridays."  Then
everyone that's following krafterskorner will see your tweet.  Also,
If you want I can give you the password for krafterskorner and you
could post to it as well.
There's also one more type of message you can send, called a "direct
message".  If I type, "d blindhands Can you send me that address
again?" then only you would see that message and no one else.
And the one last bit of Twitter advice: keep it short and to the
point.  140 characters can get eaten up pretty darn quick!

Terrence

--
Twitter: www.twitter.com/terrencevane
Facebook: www.facebook.comterrencevak