[Nfb-krafters-korner] pins

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 00:48:09 UTC 2010

Terry,

How long is this going to be and wide?

I ask as I am thhinking a safety pin might not be a good choice.  You
could attach it by sewing it with thread, but you would have the trouble I think
 of bending the pipe cleaner when attaching the safety pin.  If you use a
larger pin like 1 1/16 or 1 1/2 inch pin the head of the pin would
definitely  show.  They do make plastic pin backs that have a hard plastic  base
rectangle that you can glue the cane onto or glue a piece of color felt onto
the  plastic and then the pipe cleaner.  I am saying this as I am thinking the
 plastic is white and if the pipe cleaner is white things would not show
up.There  are also pin backs that you can glue or sew on.  I think you can
find them  in the jewlry craft making section.

Joann fabric has safety pins in the jewelry section that are without
coils.  I do believe they have the 1 or 1 1/2 inch size ones.

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)