[Nfb-krafters-korner] nifty knitter hat

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Sun Sep 12 17:08:12 UTC 2010

Becky,
   Do you have a 3 or 4 year old running around nearby?  Grab them and get them to stand still for 2 seconds and either use one of your special Braille tape measures or even the length of your fingers (from thumb to middle finger) and measure their head. Place the tip of your thumb right behind or over their ear and stretch your hand and fingers to the crown or top of their head.  Feel where that point ends on your hand or your tape measure and give about an inch or two over that measurement for room to grow or for a more floppy pointed hat look. You can make it as long as you think would be appropriate, but for beginnings this measurement should be appropriate.
   Audrey J. Wellner, Secretary
   NFB Krafters Korner division