[Nfb-krafters-korner] Cindy sock problem

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 12 18:38:55 UTC 2010

Sorry for the delay, Jewell.

Locking stitch markers look like baby safety pins. They are plastic and you
can open them just like a safety pin, slide the stitch that you want (pick
up area) on to the pin and then close it back. This allows you to mark
stitches whether they are on your needles or not and means that you don't
have to slide stitches from needle to needle to be able to place regular
markers.

By using these for pick up stitches, I am able to count them and also feel
how much space is between each pick up so I know if I have missed an area
and helps to evenly distribute the stitches across whatever section you are
needing to pick them up from. A sighted person could easily see within one
or two stitches if they are not distributing the space equally but it is a
bit more difficult when you are in the process of working the stitches and
they are bunched on the needle.

I hope that helps.

Cindy S.