[Nfb-krafters-korner] blind child with residual visionin asewing class

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Sep 13 14:21:41 UTC 2010

I cannot imagine a blind person driving a motorcycle as you have to be on
top of your game at every moment - everything is heightened, not anything
like driving a car. You have to be able to constantly scan the road ahead of
you for about 50 feet, make very agressive and quick decisions and turns,
etc.  It is a skill that takes finesse and decisive moves constantly. My
husband always wants to take me up to the shoping mall parking lot late at
night so I can ride again...I think I will just be content with my knitting
and beadworking and pottery making but sometimes I dream I am riding again
and in all my dreams I am not visually impaired. Isn't that strange? I
wonder if that will change in time. I see perfectly every night in my
dreams...so I am only blind 1/2 the time,  when I am awake. Does that mean I
am only 1/2 of a blind person?  Just wondering? (laugh)
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
www.lyndalambert.com