[Nfb-krafters-korner] Massive knot in yarn

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Sep 18 18:07:41 UTC 2010

Hi Angelina:

I see you've gotten a number of responses on your knot question and adding
in a new ball when you have to cut the yarn.

One point to keep in mind is that when knots occur, and they will, don't
pull hard on the yarn to try and release knots.  I have found that the more
I pull and the faster my motions are, the more the yarn and all its twisting
& cross over points shrink down in size and knots become smaller and
tighter.  So always handle big clumps of tangled yarn gently and pull a
little slower than you might be tempted to.  If it is kept as loose as
possible and not given the opportunity to shrink down you can often work
most twists & knots out of yarn.  Even though it is time consuming to work
them out, there are times when it becomes necessary.  Especially if you run
short on that color of yarn and need all the yardage.

If this is just a learning piece & yarn you are using for learning, then I
too would just cut out a big huge knot rather than getting myself frustrated
trying to work it out.

Eileen