[Nfb-krafters-korner] Various types of crochet hooks

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 13:51:17 UTC 2010

Angelina,

I never use anything but aluminum crochet hooks. This will sound odd but I
know it works for me. Take your hook and wash it with warm soapy water. The
oils from your hands and even probably the yarn can make it harder to hold.
If I crochet a lot, washing the hook makes for a more comfortable hold.
Also, see what brand of hook you are using. For me, Susan Bates hooks are
slick and hard to hold and use. I prefer Boye hooks and there is the tiniest
bit of texture in the paint on them. Bates hooks are typically silver that
I've used. I've never used or seen a bamboo but the plastic hooks I have
have such a tiny hook part and are blunt on the end. I find them harder to
use.

Greg