[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hi Greg

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 06:59:18 UTC 2010

Greg,

The way the classes work are that you get to "Try It Class", any class you
would like.  We do them as conference calls.  You sign up for a class  and
you will get an email back to confirm that you signed up and it will include
 a telephone number with a code number to get into the class.  You need to
save this email so come the day of the class you have that info to get into
the  class.  You call in and the teacher and students will be in the room.
 Our teachers are experienced visually impaired folks so they can let you
know  how to do the craft from a non sighted point of view.[Is that an
oxymoron  ?]

I state above "try it class" as we want you to give it a try.  After  your
first class [if the class is 4 lessons it is aftter you finish the class
totally]  We ask that you pay to become a member of the National Federation
of the Blind Krafters Division which is $10 July to July per year.  With  the
payment of the membership you are entitled to take as many classes within
that time you want.  For the folks that attend our classes you will receive
a downloadable Mp3 file recording of the class.  Only the people that
attend the class can get the recordings.  So the classes are free except  for
your long distance calling charges.  So if you have unlimited long  distance
you get it free.  We also have the ability of getting you in the  class
through SKYPE and likewise we have international folks joining us that  way.

Monday Night Chats are open to everyone and  you do not have to be a  paid
member to attend those or to be on our list serve.

We use the membership fees to be able to pay for things so we can provide
all of this for our members.

We also have a craft show at our NFB Convention and you need to be a paid
member in order to rent a table.  In 2011 the Convention will be in Tampa
Florida.  We have the craft show the day before the Registration and  Exhibit
Hall opens.,

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)