[Nfb-krafters-korner] introducing myself

Deborah Barnes kg4akz at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 20 11:24:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I never introduced myself so thought maybe I'd say a word.

I live in nc and am married and have a 20-year-old son who is away at automotive school.  I work lots and don't have much time for crafting--I used to have lots of time for it.  Now I do only a few minutes here and there--which is very frustrating.

Oh, and I have light perception, use a cane, love crafts, music, reading, walking, and being with friends.

My husband, too, is visually impaired and has lost lots of his vision.  We both work and he likes woodworking, clocks, and is learning to play guitar.  I'm supposed to be able to play piano and flute but rarely ever do anything like that these days.  I used to sing until my allergies/sinuses put an end to that.

That's all I can think of.

Oh, and my main craft is and always will be knitting.  I've been knitting since I was 9--learned it in arts and crafts.  I make pretty much anything I want although my socks aren't necessarily pretty--maybe warm, but definitely not pretty!  <g<

Deb B.