[Nfb-krafters-korner] rag rugs

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 16:54:43 UTC 2010

Hi Terry P.

To close the tube sides as you are coiling, just take a yarn/tapistry needle
and the same yarn you are using and do something like a whip stitch to
close/join.  Something like this:

With needle, pick up a bar/stitch from one of the tube edges and then
another from the opposite side and gently draw closed.  Then from your
already coild section, pick up any stitch along the edge and then draw the
three pick up points tighter together.  Start the same process about 1/2
inch further along the open sided tube.  Just keep this going until you are
done and then close off the open tube end.

Susan R.
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net