[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet cclass

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 18:11:24 UTC 2010

I'm not a member of the class, but have crocheted a long long time since I
was a kid. For me, it took many many years to get comfortable crocheting
rows instead of in rounds. So, do not get discouraged.
I'd like to make a suggestion about counting. Count stitches as you make
them. Do not count the chain as a single crochet stitch. Then, when you
finish a row, count that. The reason for all of this counting is it will
train your brain to just know if it is right because it somehow counts in
the background without you knowing it. This is important when you progress
to patterns of stitches. Then, feeling the stitches and counting teaches you
how to feel stitches and count to check what you actually did if you get
distracted, interrupted, or totally go on automatic and don't have a clue
where you are. With this method, you'll learn to just know if there's a
mistake which we all still make. I hope this helps.

Greg in NC