[Nfb-krafters-korner] Washing and blocking yarn items

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 23:46:44 UTC 2011

Another thing about blocking is that when knitting lace patterns, the
washing and blocking relaxes the knitted fabric so that the lace pattern is
revealed.  Prior to blocking, the knitted fabric tends to pull in on itself
and you cannot really see the pretty details of the lace pattern.

Also, you never want to rest the iron on the yarn or even a towel over the
yarn as the pressing will destroy the loft of the yarn, so you need to just
use the steam from your iron.

Is that what you learned Lynda?

Blessings,
Ninn