[Nfb-krafters-korner] Traveling with KK looms

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 16 22:14:22 UTC 2011

You should be able to take your KK loom tool on the plane, but if you
haven't already done so, take a look at the airlines, T.S.A. and FAA
consumer  websites.  You might also consider purchasing a second inexpensive
tool to carry on and put the other one in your checked bags.  Maybe some
type of plastic darning needle or double pointed thin knitting needle will
do.  I no longer use the tool that came with my looms.  I prefer a metal
needle that is 2-3 inches long.  I have no idea where I got it, nor do I
know what its intended use is.  I keep saying I'm going to look for a
replacement as I am concerned about losing it and should have a backup.

In case you do not have a yarn cutting tool in place of scissors, pack a
nail clipper in your carryon bag.

HTH,
Annette