[Nfb-krafters-korner] the Blind Photographer

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Apr 26 14:25:04 UTC 2011

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=19461

As a visual artist, I love reading about how other artists deal with loss of sight. For me, it meant that I shifted from making painting and woodcut prints, to making pottery. I viewed my sight loss as an entry into a new world and space and took it as a chance to make a new life for myself - one I would never have chosen to make.
For me, sight loss marked a new phase in my life - si I celebrated by switching to a new art medium instead of trying to resurrect the former ones I had worked in for over 30 years.  Sight Loss  meant New Life - New Paths to explore. New Adventures.

Lynda River Woman

It's a nice sunny day here today, my travels for the month of April are now behind me, and I started cleaning my studio for the season yesterday afternoon. Today, I will finish it and be in there working from mow till December when I close it for the winter months. SPRING is HERE in PA, Officially. My studio is now OPEN and I am IN IT AGAIN. But now, there is not the smell of paints and inks, and stacks of canvases. Now, it is CLAY and POTS and me.

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117

724 758 4979