[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Numbers of projects & timelines, book

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 14:59:13 UTC 2011

I make everythin for right now out of plain yarn. Then wash the head bands
when they stretch out of shape.  I just single crochet them.  The last one I
made was out of three thin yarns.  So the body was made two single crochets
across. I just used my own head to see how long the band should be gently
stretched.  I slip stitch the ends together.  I dropped one color but left
it attached and double crocheted around making a sort of artsy flower over
where the slip stitches are.  Sometimes I chain a loop of say three stitches
over the slip stitches joining from one side of the slip stitches to the
other side.  This loop makes it even easier to make artsy flowers.   So with
the two colors I made half the flower then held the two and did the rest
with the remaining color.  Then I picked up all three and made an edge
chaining twice or three times between each stitch, using a slip stitch in
the top of the double crochets  around. I did not tuck in the ends as I
liked the three colors that came down several times off the band.  Gave it a
cool artsy look.  I used red, wite, and a light blue.  The two colors
together were the white and blue.

I cover plastic hangers with a slip stich in thicker yarn.  My customer is
reduing her closet and loves my hangers as everything stays neatly hung from
silky blouses, to her bling clothes, to sweaters.  I covered some for a lady
who had very heavy sweaters.  I used the very thickest hangers and now she
can hang her sweaters without those ugly stretch marks at the shoulders.
Now I have seen hangers covered all sorts of ways with shell stitches and
those are very nice also. Wire hangers can be covered this way also.

Oh, bling clothes, are those that have beeding as depending on how heavily
beeded, Linda, Lauri correct me if my assumption is wrong, but they seem to
pull on the cloth making them hang oddly pulling on one side or the other
depending on the beeding.  This lady loves big beeding shiny stuff on her
outfits. In this lady's case I barder with her, smile.

Bardering is a great way to go.  I am knitting some wool for this lady.  She
is an artist and wants to paint and shrink it for outfits for her
granddaughter.  Well my yard is a frightening place with branches down, dead
plants need pulled and plants replaced.  I will buy the plants, she will
clean up my gardens, though we haven't talked about specifics she will do,
or not do. You make a verbal contract among friends. I am doing a lot of
knitting for her.  She is generally a very handy person and has done my
gardens before with her son. She never cheats me on barder work.  In fact
she will say do you want x or y done also, meanwhile she has worked several
hours and I am sure the barder is over, so I stop her, smile.  She is my
friend and I never abuse friendships.  So you need to know what your
bardering is and time, price for exchange.

No coffee yet this morning, shy smile.  Sorry about the rants, shy smile.

Becky and the snoozing Jake