[Nfb-krafters-korner] help with understanding knitting term?

Lovette Yewchan lyewchan at telus.net
Fri Apr 29 03:40:11 UTC 2011

Can someone describe this more for me?
I am involved in a monthly dishcloth list and this month they are
doing  a cloth with the wrap and turn. This is how it is described.

Wrap and turn (WT)-
move working yarn to front or back of piece (depends on if you were
purling or knitting... you'll know) slip one stitch onto the right
needle, bring your yarn back to the side it was previously on, slip
the stitch back onto the left needle and turn your work and continue
on as pattern directs.
I'm just not quite understanding the wrap part so if someone could
really describe it I would really appreciate with examples maybe?
Thanks.
Lovette