[Nfb-krafters-korner] Candy wreathe and St Nick Day

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 02:43:55 UTC 2011

Theresa,

Did you plan this class to begin on St. Nick Day?  What a perfect day  for
this class.

In a message dated 12/5/2011 9:39:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gary.brewer at comcast.net writes:

I got to  thinking about tomorrow night's class and wondered if it was
planned to be on  Saint Nick day. what a perfect plan.

For those of you who don't know  the story of Saint Nick Day, here is a
little bit of the tale.

Nicholas  was an orfan and decided to follow the teachings of his church
and give all he  had away. He died on December 6th. That became his feast day
and people  celebrated his giving life on that day. Most stories of his
sharing were told  after his death. But it is known that this man did walk the
countryside and  give what he had to the poor. He was a protector of children.

we  celebrate his life by putting small treats in the shoes of children.
And as  far as I can tell we are all children on December 6th.

So come and make  a candy wreathe with us tomorrow and enjoy St. Nick  day.
Henrietta
Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org