[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: Embossing drawings with a Juliette embosser

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Fri Dec 16 19:32:31 UTC 2011

I am the one with the Juliet pro!

Terry P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blindhands at aol.com [mailto:Blindhands at aol.com]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 12:37 PM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: Embossing drawings with a Juliette embosser

____________________________________
 From: lacy925 at gmail.com
To: Blindhands at aol.com
Sent: 12/14/2011 9:48:17  P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: Embossing drawings with a Juliette  embosser

Hi Joyce,
Hi Joyce, it's nice to meet you.

If you are a member of the group I'm thinking of,  Prof. Baldwin has mentioned that your group has come up with some very  interesting ways of producing tactile artwork. I'd really be interested to  hear more about it and to see what you might create with this  software.

I suspect that I was asking "Why can't I emboss  my own pictures on the Juliet Pro?" at around the same time as someone in your  crafts group. Are you all familiar with SVGDraw? Since I'm totally blind, I  make my drawings in that program. Then I use my SVGToSIG converter to  create a sig file based on that SVG drawing. Duxbury will accept sig files,  and you can import them as pictures and emboss them.
My converter is here:
_http://nonvisualdevelopment.org/content/svgtosig-amanda-lacy-allows-owners-
non-tiger-embossers-emboss-svg-files_
(http://nonvisualdevelopment.org/content/svgtosig-amanda-lacy-allows-owners-non-tiger-embossers-emboss-svg-files)
If you or anyone in your group has comments or  questions, feel free to send them.

Thanks,
Amanda