[Nfb-krafters-korner] needle threader

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Dec 19 02:57:40 UTC 2011

I am totally blind and I use the old fashion wire loop threaders.  They are
tapered to a point on one end and I have no problem putting it through
either a regular needle or a sewing machine needle.  I also put a knot on
the end of my thread which makes it easier to pass through the wire loop.  I
have also used a bit of clear tape on the end of thread or even yarn, cut
the tape at a tapered angle and have been able to thread most needles that
way.  It does not work for small needle eyes.  I also use the self-threading
needles, you know, the ones with the slit in the top of the needle.  They
work fine for things I don't have to pull real snug with the thread.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net