[Nfb-krafters-korner] My first big kk challenge

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 17:17:14 UTC 2011

Hi Terry,

I do not have the email but the closing you are talking about is called the
zigzag removal method. It is a flat rather than gathered closure. We will be
using it on the slipper pattern. Anyhow, here is how to do it.

Remove with the Flat Zig Zag removal method:
Cut yarn leaving a 24 inch tail, thread it through the darning needle.
With the needle coming from the last peg worked, (assume it is peg 1)
Step 1: With needle, pass it through the loop
on peg 1 take the stitch off the peg.
Step 2: Go to the peg to the left of peg 1,
pass the needle through the loop and remove
it off the peg
Step 3: Go to the right of peg 1 and take the
loop off the peg.
Repeat Steps 1-3, alternating from right to left
in a zig zag motion.
Final step: when all the loops have been
removed and are threaded on the yarn, pull
on the yarn gently to tighten the stitches.
Pass the needle towards the inside of the
loom and weave in your yarn tail end.

The tricky part of this is that you must be careful that when taking the
loops off the pegs that you do not wrap the yarn around the peg before
taking the loop off. you want your yarn to be near the empty peg when you
pass it around to the next peg to take off. if you do it this way, the loops
will pull together smoothly. Otherwise, you will have a tangled mess. Oh,
but did I learn this the hard way!

Cathy