[Nfb-krafters-korner] sorting colors

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 00:52:42 UTC 2011

The one that has the combo of color and money id I have not heard good
reports on as far asidentifying colors.

In a message dated 1/31/2011 7:09:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
blueherons at sbcglobal.net writes:

One  thing that is important in sorting colors is the lighting source.

The  same piece of fabric, or the same skein of embroidery floss will  look
different under florescent light, and incandescent light, and yet  again
different under natural lighting.

Often I would purchase  flosses to make a project while inside of a store
that had florescent  lighting as the light source, go outside and find I
didn't like the  combination any more.    The same issue will most
certainly
effect the color identifier's output.  That being said, I  really don't
think
they are very accurate.  When I was shown one by a  friend right after she
had purchased it, it was one that did colors and  also identified bills,
sorry, I don't know the name.  I just know I  thought this expensive thing
was worthless!  I pulled a green pepper  out of the refrigerator and the
identifier said it was black!.  So I  moved it thinking maybe there was a
blemish on the skin of the  pepper...  nope, still black.  So I called my
daughter into the  room, she said not only was the pepper green, it was
bright green.  It  wasn't that darker green of a more mature pepper, but the
brighter green of  a less mature pepper.  So this color identifier was
basically useless  in my mind.

Dixie

Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org