[Nfb-krafters-korner] I have a question about a knitting pattern

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed Feb 2 20:12:55 UTC 2011

Dixie,
I found this information on the web.. Here is the link, I pasted the information below.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Knitting-2228/yrn-knit-abbreviation.htm

Question
Please explain how to do yrn (yarn around needle). I have researched this abbreviation and can't find any information.

Answer
A yrn is done different for whether your next stitch is a knit stitch or a perl stitch. If the next stitch is a knit (and you just did a knit), then take the yarn and wrap it around the needle from the right side around the front to the back on the left. Does that make sense?

If you are doing perl stitches, then take the yarn and go around to the left between the needles and around the back to end up back in front.

Basically what you are doing is creating another stitch which ends up being an eyelet.

Cindy Z.