[Nfb-krafters-korner] quilting

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Tue Feb 8 00:20:38 UTC 2011

Joyce,

Thanks, this is just the correct information I am looking for to make the
right decisions. No, I do not have a sewing machine now, and not sure as to
if I should go that way. I liked hearing your idea, and I am leaning to hand
quilting for the same reasons, however, I have never did hand quilting. I
have to start from step one on this. Many questions, like size of backing,
batting, loop size, what is manageable, do top first, then place in loom?
See where I am going. I have purchased precut squares from a supplier and I
liked your idea about hem ruler to sew your stitch allowance, but should I
be doing this first? Also is there instructions on stitching? I like the
idea of hand quilting, but want to do it correctly, I have not been able to
find any type of books or instructions. Thanks for your reply.

Terry K