[Nfb-krafters-korner] speaking of color

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 22:26:23 UTC 2011

Actually, colors are funny -- sometimes if the design is right, otherwise
strange color combinations can look good.  For example, I have an old jacket
that I have worn quite a lot, it is one of my favorites, and it has a design
that includes pumpkin orange, purple, teal, yellow, fuchsia, black  and
white.  It's the way they all fit into the pattern. It just works.  But I
would never select those colors to wear as mixed solids.

One thing about Michelle Obama that I started out being a little
uncomfortable with is that she wears clothes that are a little revealing --
off one shoulder and over the other so you see a lot of skin.  Granted she
is a nice looking woman, but other first ladies have dressed much more
conservatively, and I think the revealing clothes can convey the wrong
message.  But that's just me.  I think in other respects she is doing a
great job.  For one thing, I think her cause of battling childhood obesity
is a great service.  I have heard some of the conservative talking heads
bash her for her choice of a cause.  But I think she is absolutely right to
address it.

Anyway, this is getting off topic.  Happy krafting.
--le