[Nfb-krafters-korner] News

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 22:28:28 UTC 2011

I want to share this news with all of you.  I have been chosen to
participate in the NFB EBay training the trainers program.  I will be going  to
Baltimore the week of Feb. 21 for that week.  I consider myself  fortunate to be
in this first class and look forward to gaining the information  and
experience to teach others how they can market their things on EBay.   EBay and
the blind community has not worked smoothly in the past as it does with  the
sighted community, but I am very happy that they will be working to make
this more accessible to us and has teamed up with NFB to make this  possible.

I have my list of things that I have found as an active user of EBay of
things that need some consideration for screen reading users and I would
encourage all of you to send me your areas of frustration or suggestions so I
can bring this down to Baltimore and find out the answers for you.

I also have been in touch with a photographer friend that I hope to work
with and I have asked her if she would be willing to speak in the future to
us  on how we might be able to take better pictures of our items to use on
EBay  auctions.  I am hoping Cindy our Web Mistress will be part of that
discussion, too.

Please do send me  any questions or suggestions regarding EBay that  you
have faced in using EBay independently.