[Nfb-krafters-korner] Welcome to the new folks

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Thu Feb 10 20:20:16 UTC 2011

Hi Dixie, and thanks for the welcome. While origami is the term for paper
folding, kirigami involves cutting paper. Paper snowflakes are perhaps one
of the most well-known and easy forms of kirigami. You first fold the paper,
say, into quarters and then cut shapes along the edges. When you open the
paper you will find some kind of design on it. You don't have to be precise
with the cutting, though. One can also cut out simple flowers by first
folding into quarters and there is a method to cut a perfect 5 pointed star
with one straight cut if you have folded your paper in a certain way.
Some people also use kirigami techniques with fabric.Now for a question from
me. What does spinning involve?
Lindy