[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sewing machine project?

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 23:06:06 UTC 2011

Thanks, you helped me remember the honorable mention I got in youth Fair all those many years ago. I made a jumper with a zipper.

When the kids were small, I did make some things. Not clothes but I remember a poncho with a smily face sewn on the front and fringe attached.  I sewed lots of port-a-crib mattress covers or sheets by making a pillow case like thing from the good parts of old sheets.  They were great. If one side got messed up, I could flip the mattress for another try. lol

I used to thread the machine without using sight then, and did fairly well by myself. But I loaned my machine to a daycare center and never saw it again.  I often think of buying another machine, but buying it sounds like a major event, let alone learning it.

But all this talk has me thinking more about it. I have a Grand Daughter or two that might be interested in learning with me.
Henrietta