[Nfb-krafters-korner] Plastic Canvas needles

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Feb 14 20:19:04 UTC 2011

Barb;
As long as you can get the yarn to slide in to the eye of the needle and both sizes of needles are close in size, I would not wory about the size.  They could be two lengths of the same size needle or size 15 and size 16.  As I said before, as long as the yarn fits in the eye and the needle fits in the canvis hole, easily, the size of the needle is not important.  I would say a size 16 needle has an eye about 1/16 of an inch wide.  You can easily feal it with your finger.  It is a lot larger than a sewing needle in with.
Let me know if you want me to send you one with your canvis, if you still question the size of your needles.

Terry Powers