[Nfb-krafters-korner] Success this weekend

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Feb 16 21:29:53 UTC 2011

I took the baby blanket I am making, with me to my NFB meeting.  I also, thankfully took a plastic canvis project, too.  As we started the meeting, I picked up the knitting, took off the rubber band and started knitting.  I had a hard time getting started because the blanket felt so heavy but I finally got started.  After a few stitches, 7 to be exact, I was shocked, I had started to knit in a circle instead of turning my item around.  I am using circular needles, but making a flat item. I put it away until I got home.  I wondered if a life line would help me take the stitches out and put them on the left needle.  I called Joyce and got no answer.  Then I tried Henrietta.  We talked for a bit, but I was not sure I could do it.  I then thought of calling one of the ladies from my knitting group.  She suggested using a smaller needle to put the stitch on and putting it on the other needle.  She said something about going in the row before.  I had no idea what she ment until I finally tried it.  What a chalange, but I got all seven safely back where they belong.  I took each stitch off, one by one and opened the stitch below, got the needle or my finger in the stitch below and pulled out the stitch and slid the stitch on the left needle.  I sure am glad I saved my blanket.  I do not want to have to knit all that again!
What a chalange!
Sure glad this was thick yarn for my first try.

terry P.

Theresa L. Powers (Terry)
Grants Clerk
Tobacco Control Research Branch