[Nfb-krafters-korner] Saftey pin beading question

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:58:48 UTC 2011

Terry, I'm making a round lidded candy dish, it is 6"x3", the color of beads
are pink, lavender and green in sizes of 4, 6 and 8 mm. No the beads were
not sorted , I had to sort them by size then had sighted help (hubby) to
sort by colors. I still have some usable vision so am able to cut the sizes
of wire I needed and the instructions are printed on two sheets of paper and
pretty easy to understand (for me anyway). I have a CCTV I use to read
regular print. There are some diagrams but they are for the most part
separated from the instructions.

When we separated the beads, I put them into small lidded bowls and labeled
them according to size and color, then when I was ready to thread them onto
the pins, I counted out the number of pins, set the rest aside, loaded the
first bead on each pin so I would only have one bowl of beads opened at a
time and continued untill those pins were done, put them in a container
labeled as pin # 1 and so forth until all pins were loaded. Then follow
instructions to put them all together, so far so good, I've only had to take
one section apart so far cause I "missed" a pin, lol

If you have sighted help to sort colors (or order from Theresa), organize
it, and can follow some simple directions, then yep anybody can do it.It's a
lot easier than I thought it would be, now I wished I hadn't waited so long
to try it. Still working on this one and already thinking "next project"!
Barb
'Just living is not enough,' said the butterfly, 'one must have sunshine,
freedom and a little flower.' ~ Hans Christian Anderson