[Nfb-krafters-korner] Native American Beading

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Tue Jan 4 03:48:59 UTC 2011

Thanks Marti, I'll be very glad to share my Native crafting with you.  One
day, Lord only knows when, I have a really big Native bead project stewing
in my brain that has been knocking on my door to be undertaken once we
finally built and moved into our log cabin.  It is going to take a while to
do it and I will get some help from my husband and sister.  I want to do a
modified bead loom weaving that will consist of hand made beads, slightly
smaller than marbles, made from the air dried clay and then painted.  The
top and bottom of the wall hung loom will be made of weathered branches and
the verticle weave will be leather lacings.  The horizontal weave which will
go through the beads will probably be a heavy fishing line since that won't
be seen and I have loads of it around here.

So, while this idea still seems to float around in the want to but don't
have time to yet catagory, it will just give me more reasons to get my
crafting room finished.  LOL!

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net