[Nfb-krafters-korner] READING PATTERNS

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Thu Jan 6 17:18:13 UTC 2011

Terry P.
That makes sense.

Thanks,
Cindy Z.

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:49 AM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] READING PATTERNS

Cindy;
I am not trying to start an argument, but this method would not work for me.  Plastic canvis is done with stitches that go up and down, through the canvis and you usually do a full color, before doing another color, not 2 of color 1, 3 of color 2 and back to 2 of color 1.  Say you are making loops, you want to make the full loop of color 1 before making loop 2  of color 2.  You can not go across the outside row and altrinate between the two colors.
You can with latch hook, because each stitch is independent of the next stitch where in plastic canvis, they are connected unless you cut the yarn and secure it.
Terry P.