[Nfb-krafters-korner] Classes beginning time

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Jan 6 20:50:16 UTC 2011

Joyce:

You said you were having a board meeting last night and as a person who has
volunteered a lot of time teaching I would like to know here on the list
what is the decision on the class recordings?  Who exactly owns these
recordings, is it the NFB KK division or is it intellectual property of the
instructor who has prepared and developed it?  If it is claimed to be owned
by the NFB then I think there is a law being violated here.  I believe that
materials either photographed or recorded in ordered to be distributed
requires a legal release by the person who developed/created them.  I do not
release any of my materials to any one or to any organization. Please answer
my question here on the list because this will impact any person who has
volunteered to teach for this division of the NFB past or future.  For me,
this will determine if I choose to continue teaching  for the KK division or
not.  This discussion has been going on all week, but the division
leadership has remained publically silent and the board meeting last night
was by officers & the board, but people like myself who have given a lot of
time to the division are not on the board had NO say in the decisions that
were made regarding these materials.

Eileen